The Kunena team is thrilled to announce the first public beta release of Kunena 6.0, a native Joomla extension for Joomla 4.x. This is a development release and should be only be used for testing; this version is not recommended for live websites at this stage.
The purpose of this release is to encourage testing by downloading, installing and identifying any problems or shortcomings that people may discover. K 6.0.0 B1 is stable and we are aware that people will discover defects. We encourage you to use the forum to report defects, as soon as they are discovered, so that the development team can work through the problems before the release of K 6.0 as a stable product. Reporting defects does not mean that the problems can or will be fixed. The Kunena team is looking forward to hearing your feedback on how well we have achieved our design goals.
Kunena 6.0 has been designed to work on Joomla! 4.0, the requirements are the followings :
- Php 7.2.5
- MySQL 5.6.0
- Bootstrap 5.x
The work done in Kunena 6.0 is mostly to update the code base:
- Convert all the queries to use Joomla! Database which allow them to be agnostic, it remains couple of queries which need to be converted
- The directory structure of the component follow Joomla! 4.0 way
- Convert all the files in frontend and backend to be namespaced
- Remove most of the deprecated code
- A new template is present nammed Aurelia which works on Bootstrap 5